Incident that changed my life

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Going down to reminiscence lane again. There is undoubtedly one confrontation in my life that changed my carrier & life for good.
Results of class 8th were just announced and yet again I faired deficiently in math’s scoring merely 44/100. Dad was perceptibly very angry with it. As principle called him up and said that I’ve been doing well in rest of the subjects but math remains area of great concern. So dad was infuriated that day and came home all guns blazing on me and mummy. Saying that I won’t be able to do anything in life and career if I don’t improve my math. Scolded me and mummy saying her that it’s her love that has spoiled me. I didn’t have meal that day and went of to bed.
It was 11:30pm at night when mummy entered my room.
Mummy:
“Is u sleeping”
I was awoke & reciprocated:” no”
Mummy: “Why you don’t do your math properly? Why you are so scared of it?”
Me: “I don’t know but I try and moreover it doesn’t excites me, I don’t like the subject ”
Mummy: “It’s not a matter of choice here, you have to do it”
Me: “yes”
Mummy : “Because of you there is so much of conflict in house and whole atmosphere is ruined, and your dad scolds you for your good only, why don’t you understand”
Mummy spoke as tears came out of her eyes and her voice choked in her throat.. One thing I couldn’t se (like most people in this world) couldn’t see was tears in mother’s eyes.

Me: (hugging her): “don’t cry, I will do it, I will give my best & pledge you that you will never have to cry for this reason”
Mummy:” it’s not about crying it’s about you, your future”
Me: “yes”
Mummy:” Take your food”
I knew mummy won’t take her meal if I haven’t, so we both took food and she went off.

That day I took pledge I can’t run away from it, I can’t see mummy crying, I got to do some thing. The tears in her eyes just kept revolving in mind all night. Tears in mother’s eye changed all. Now I was not petrified of deadly looking square roots and all that unknown x,y,z. Just didn’t realized when I slept off.

Woke up and started from scratch, started the scheduling. And resoluted on the subject. It took me few months before I realized that this subject isn’t that tuff as I thought. Slowly I gained confidence and then came I time when I started doing mathematics as time pass. Started loving it, and every time I got stuck I just remembered mom’s tears and promise made to her. Things started coming back to normal and by the time final exams started I was mentally strong and did well to score 84/100. After that it just improves to the extent that I got in IIT and never looked back after that. Thanks to papa and mummy for all the encouragement and prop up. I know whatever I am or would be it’s because of my mother. Love you mummy and papa.

48 comments:

Dr.Nishi Chauhan said...

surely our parents are one who do all the things for good...it was very nice to read avinash...well written in simple and nice language

Er. Nidhi Mishra said...

that was very nice to read after previous emotional post. Its nice that you shared such a motivatnng incident......

Dr. Aradhna said...

ur posts are always so heart touching and makes feel me part of it. very well written, its nice that you realised your responsibilities and made your parents happy. thx for sharing

Rohit Sharma said...

i know how strict uncle was...its beacuse of him that u did ur best and obviously aunty supported you....thx got that incident changed your life otherwise you would have been hawker at Maghalsari railway station..lolz

Er. Snigddha Aggarwal said...

yes you are right its our parents who make us realise our responsibilities with lots of love and care. It was lovely reading it.....thx 4 sharing...probaly will motivate many readers and yes nicely written
Take care

Ragini said...

very nice read :-)
reminds me of myself.. i was always a maths fearing person.. always running away from it... but still somehow managed to score something respectable in 70-80s. So my Mom never cried cuz perhaps she never expected this much also .. n this is the reason i run away from the subject till date :-)

Shreya Rajput said...

that was real motivating strory thx for sharing

Jyoti Dixit said...

very nice to read....now i know from where u got all the motivation
Thx 4 sharing

Priya Mittal said...

that was very nice reading

Ria said...

Parents, teach your children to express themselves. Teach them to be in touch with their emotions, to speak honestly to people, and to maintain integrity and stick by their principles in all they do. This is perhaps the highest morality you can instill. But don't expect them to succeed in business.”

Puja said...

From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings.
That was very nice to read

Anonymous said...

nicely written , good usage of words, it reflects all raw memory within u !! hats off to ur dad and mom , who nourishe du so well. take care

Anonymous said...

nicely written , good usage of words, it reflects all raw memory within u !! hats off to ur dad and mom , who nourishe du so well. take care

Radhika said...

surely r parents are always guiding,supporting n motivating force and stand by us all r life..its nice 2 read this post, good writting skills

Deepak Barua said...

very well said, no body can see tears in his/her mother's eyes.

Anonymous said...

nice read

Alpana Verma said...

Very well written..motivating story.

thanks for sharing it.

Dr. Neha Srivastav said...

thx 4 sharing such a encouraging incident

Ritu said...

surely what we r its all bcoz of r pareants
nice 2 read motivating story

Anonymous said...

thx 4 sharing

Anonymous said...

Children rarely want to know who their parents were before they were parents, and when age finally stirs their curiosity, there is no parent left to tell them.

Anonymous said...

I have a very steadfast tendency to parent myself, to monitor my development into the person I want to be. I've tried to keep the corruption minimal

Anouska Awasthi said...

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms...
that was heart touching story thx 4 sharing

Anonymous said...

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child

Prachi Pandey said...

that was very motivating....

Anonymous said...

nice read....

Alec said...

very touching n motivating story

Anonymous said...

that was soul touching story..well written

Unknown said...

its reaaly nice to read....very motivating one...

Science Bloggers Association said...

प्रेरक दास्‍तान। शेयर करने के लिए आभार।

Soul Searcher said...

I also found Maths very tough as a kid and figures still confuse me and I have a tough time teaching it at home too. Maths is like a voodoo always after you with discounts, buybacks ,crashes, booms,mileage options, instalments, interest rates , inflation and what not.
If only I had studied arithmetic harder, perhaps I would have made better sense of all this. Too late now I guess since the more I understand the worse I will feel :-)

Nice post brought back old memories and new nightmares...

bindu said...

Interesting memories. Well written! Hope you have a wonderful new year too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

bindu said...

Interesting memories. Well written! Hope you have a wonderful new year too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Amit Kumar Yadav said...

आपकी रचनाधर्मिता का कायल हूँ. कभी हमारे सामूहिक प्रयास 'युवा' को भी देखें और अपनी प्रतिक्रिया देकर हमें प्रोत्साहित करें !!

Anonymous said...

liked the way u wrote it nice writing skills

Anita said...

nice motivational read

Ria said...

THAT WAS MOTIVATING

Swati said...

That was motivating post.
Thx 4 sharing.

Tulip Banerjee said...

motivating thought.thx 4 sharing this lovely story

Mehnaaz said...

really inspirational read

Austeen Sufi said...

lucky u 2 study in such a prestigious college

Richa Sharma said...

that was very nice to read after previous emotional post. Its nice that you shared such a motivatnng incident......

Ruchika Mittal said...

motivational read
Regards

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP